Microsoft 365 Certified: Fundamentals
Method of Instruction: Online or Onsite
Course Duration: 8 hours over two days
Campus Location: Sherbrooke Campus
This course introduces Microsoft 365, an integrated cloud platform that delivers industry-leading productivity apps along with intelligent cloud services, and world-class security.
This course is designed for candidates looking to demonstrate foundational-level knowledge of cloud-based solutions to facilitate productivity and collaboration on-site, at home, or a combination of both.
You’ll learn foundational knowledge on the considerations and benefits of adopting cloud services and the Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud model, with a specific focus on Microsoft 365 cloud service offerings. You will begin by learning about cloud fundamentals, including an overview of cloud computing. You will be introduced to Microsoft 365 and learn how Microsoft 365 solutions improve productivity, facilitate collaboration, and optimize communications.
The course then analyzes how security, compliance, privacy, and trust are handled in Microsoft 365, and it concludes with a review of Microsoft 365 subscriptions, licenses, billing, and support.
Course Schedule and Duration
The following sections are available for registration:
Course is 1 full work day of 8 hours, or 2 half days of 4 hours each.
Monday, March 20th 2023: 8.30am - 10.30am <break> 11am - 1pm
Tuesday, March 21st 2023: 8.30am - 10.30am <break> 11am - 1pm
Saturday, March 25th 2023: 8.30am - 10.30am <break> 11am - 1pm
Sunday, March 26th 2023: 8.30am - 10.30am <break> 11am - 1pm
Monday, April 17th 2023: 8.30am - 10.30am <break> 11am - 1pm
Tuesday, April 18th 2023: 8.30am - 10.30am <break> 11am - 1pm
Saturday, April 22nd 2023: 8.30am - 10.30am <break> 11am - 1pm
Sunday, April 23rd 2023: 8.30am - 10.30am <break> 11am - 1pm
Method of Learning
Hybrid Learning - A combination of online and onsite training tailored according to your needs to help you get the education you need at your own convenience
Course Prerequisites and Admission
Candidates may have knowledge of cloud-based solutions or may be new to Microsoft 365. The Microsoft 365 Certified: Fundamentals certification could be a great fit for you if you’d like to:
- Demonstrate foundational-level knowledge of cloud services, such as standard practices, considerations, and benefits.
- Show fluency in SaaS solutions; particularly Microsoft 365 offerings.
- Highlight familiarity with the Microsoft 365 cloud service options currently available.
Ref: Microsoft 365 Fundamentals Courseware for Certification Exam - MindhubPro Global
Student access to the course content and resources for 6 months including:
Text, video, and end of lesson questions
Lab suite content
Practice Test with Practice and Certification modes
What are the system requirements for Microsoft 365? – Columbia Virtual Academy (cva.org))
Tech Requirements for Attending Cestar Online Classes
- A strong uninterrupted broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE) connection with a minimum 600kbps bandwidth (up/down).
- A Laptop/Desktop computer equipped with a single core processor (at least 1 GHZ processing speed) or a smartphone/tablet with equivalent processing capabilities
- Good speakers/earphones to listen to the classes
- Browser - IE7+, Safari 5+, Firefox, Chrome
- Operating System - Windows XP, Mac OS 10.6, Linux distro based on 3.0 kernel, Android 5.0, iOS 10
- A strong uninterrupted broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE) connection with a minimum 1.5Mbps bandwidth (up/down). You can also connect to the internet directly using your ethernet cable to improve your experience.
- Laptop/Desktop computer equipped with a dual core processor with at least 2 GHZ processing speed and a 4 GB RAM
- High Quality speakers/earphones to listen to the classes
- Browser & Operating System - We recommend using the latest version of the browser and operating system for an optimal online classroom experience.
Lesson 1 - Understand cloud concepts
-Skill 1.1: Detail and understand the benefits and considerations of using cloud services
-Skill 1.2: Understand the different types of cloud services available
Lesson 2 - Understand core Microsoft 365 services and concepts
-Skill 2.1: Describe the core Microsoft 365 components
-Skill 2.2: Compare core services in Microsoft 365 with corresponding on-premises services
-Skill 2.3: Understand the concept of modern management
-Skill 2.4: Understand Office 365 ProPlus
-Skill 2.5: Understand collaboration and mobility with Microsoft 365
-Skill 2.6: Describe analytics capabilities in Microsoft 365
Lesson 3 - Understand security, compliance, privacy, and trust in Microsoft 365
-Skill 3.2: Understand identity protection and managementSkill 3.3: Understand the need for unified endpoint management, security usage scenarios and services
-Skill 3.4: Understand the Service Trust Portal and Compliance Manager
Lesson 4 - Understand Microsoft 365 pricing and support
-Skill 4.1: Understand licensing option available in Microsoft 365
-Skill 4.2: Plan, predict, and compare pricing
-Skill 4.3: Describe support offerings for Microsoft 365 services
-Skill 4.4: Understand the service lifecycle in Microsoft 365
In her eight years as a career and technical education teacher Debby Peetam has been privileged to work with students of various ages and international backgrounds to build practical career skills. Her goal is to create academically engaging learning experiences and help people advance their career. Committed to sharing her passion for business management and technology, she also teaches courses in business management, language and communications, secretarial studies and computing support.
Sign up while spots are still available!
This short course is being offered at